It was a privilege to hold the position of Chairman for the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) over the past six years. Having recently handed over the role to the immensely capable Shonn Mills, at this year’s annual conference, it has provided an opportunity for reflection. Looking back on the achievements of the CTBUH team over this period, I am immensely proud of what we have accomplished:
- Successfully navigating the challenges presented by the pandemic with minimal impact.
- Transitioning from a staff-led organisation to one that is more member-led, fostering greater inclusivity.
- Expanding our global footprint and involvement.
- Engaging a more significant number of individuals in our initiatives.
- Establishing regional hubs to better serve our members worldwide.
- Conducting record-breaking levels of research.
- Implementing a new global structure with the appointment of a new CEO and the creation of a presidency.
- Initiating the process of strengthening and diversifying the Board of Trustees.
- Creating global subject Assemblies and improving the Advisory Group.
- Witnessing the powerful emergence of Future Leaders groups across the globe.
- Laying the foundation for CTBUH to become a leading advocate for future sustainable vertical urbanism.
As I step into my role as Vice Chair, I extend my sincerest wishes for Shonn’s success in guiding us through the exciting next chapter of CTBUH. I am dedicated to supporting him and the Board with an unwavering passion for CTBUH and all that it represents. I eagerly anticipate my involvement in the 2024 annual conference in either London and Paris, where we will address the timely theme of “new or renew?”
Photo courtesy of the CTBUH.